Your surgical procedure will be scheduled in the office with Dr. Loncarich’s assistants. Our office will contact you between 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. the day before your surgery to provide you with your arrival time and approximate surgery time. Please provide our office with a daytime telephone number you can be reached at during that time.
- 1. There is a pre-registration AND a pre-admission process. Both must be completed no less than 7-days prior to your surgery. Both processes can be completed when you come in to pre-admission; however, the pre-registration process may also be completed online.
- To pre-register on-line please visit texasorthopedic.com. On the home page, under “About Us,” click on the red link “learn more about us.” At the very bottom of the page, click on the link “Click here to register online.” You will then be taken through the pre-registration process.
- Pre-admission is completed in the Pre-Admit Department on the 3rd Floor of Texas Orthopedic Hospital. If you would like to schedule an appointment please call 713-799-8600 x3702 between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. If you would like to be seen on a walk-in basis, their office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. While in the pre-admit department, you will be interviewed by nursing and anesthesiology. This is necessary in order to obtain surgical clearance for you to receive anesthesia for your surgery.
- 2. Remember, do not eat or drink anything after midnight the evening prior to your surgery. This includes chewing gum, candy, smoking, or chewing tobacco. This for your protection to prevent any fluid build-up in your stomach in the event that you aspirate (vomit) during or following your surgery.
- 3. The day of your surgery, please wear loose, comfortable clothing. Leave jewelry and valuables at home. Do not wear toenail polish. Please arrive at the hospital 1 1/2 hours prior to your surgery. Upon arrival, patients should report to the surgery check-in desk on the second floor.
- 4. After surgery, you will be in the recovery room for approximately one hour. If you are being admitted, you will be taken to your room on the 3rd or 5th floor of Texas Orthopedic Hospital. If you are an outpatient, you will go to the observation area. Your family and/or friends may come to see you at this time. Outpatients will be discharged when you are able to get out of bed, eat, drink, and go to the bathroom. Any patient, outpatient or inpatient, must make arrangements for someone to drive you home.
- 5. All supplies that will be needed for post-operative care (crutches, walker, prescriptions, etc.) will be given to you at the time of discharge.
- 6. Upon discharge, please contact Dr. Loncarich’s office at 713-799-2300 ext. 3194 to schedule your post-operative visit. This appointment should be scheduled for 10 days following your surgery unless otherwise instructed.